Promote human and environmental health, recognizing the two are dependent upon each other, to ensure that HPA students and staff are well, happy, and thriving.
- Establish a wellness committee comprised of athletic director, health teachers, food service director, and sustainability coordinator to guide implementation of wellness goals.
- Define wellness responsibilities for athletic director, health teachers, and food service director.
Define wellness policies and procedures for food service and events.
LŌKAHI bring harmony
- Prioritize food grown and produced on the Hawai‘i Island and increase on-campus garden production for dining services.
- Monitor the indoor air quality and environmental quality of campus buildings to ensure optimal learning conditions.
- Audit and enhance campus pest management and green cleaning programs, prioritizing non-toxic, organic, and biodegradable solutions.
- Enhance campus facilities to include wellness spaces.
- Engage students in food production and nutrition education through kitchen and garden work requirements.
- Continue to enhance our mindfulness and spirituality programming in order to support our community’s diversity and tools for individual wellness.
HA‘INA share our story
- Assess staff and student wellness using surveys and the CDC School Health Index.