Manage the resources used by HPA so efficiently that we reduce our environmental impact and help promote regenerative systems on Hawai‘i Island and beyond.
Reach 100% renewable energy by 2030.
Strategies to Meet Goals
- Define roles and responsibilities for staff responsible for resource conservation, including maintenance, energy management, and procurement.
- Include waste, water, and energy systems in enhanced campus master plan.
- Enhance procurement policy and procedures in order to reduce landfill.
LŌKAHI bring harmony
- Enhance waste management infrastructure to be accessible and consistent.
- Set up building-level sub-metering for energy, water, and generation systems and establish enhanced waste-tracking procedures.
- Conduct energy and water audits of campus buildings and implement efficiency retrofits.
- Transition campus to renewable energy through distributed electricity generation, battery storage, and transitioning to renewable fuels.
- Engage student leadership to run behavioral-change campaigns for each resource stewardship goal.
- Conduct resource audits with students in order to understand the connection between human behavior and inefficiency.
HA‘INA share our story
- Tell our campus sustainability story using signage & web-based dashboard.
- Include resource stewardship goals and milestones in school communications.