Curriculum & Programs
Embed mālama kaiāulu into HPA’s curriculum and program structure to graduate visionary systems-thinkers and environmental change-agents.
- Provide funding and time for annual sustainability professional development for each department.
- Integrate sustainability principles, benchmarks, and our mālama kaiāulu framework into curriculum, capstone projects, and programs.
- Integrate sense of place, land history, service to kaiāulu, and environmental stewardship into recreational student activities.
LŌKAHI bring harmony
- Articulate sustainability commitment in all admissions materials and processes.
- Hold regular school-wide goal competitions and celebrations.
- Align student code of conduct with mālama kaiāulu and teach the interconnectedness of personal actions to the broad student community.
HA‘INA share our story
- Collaborate with other schools in the state on sustainability efforts.
- Conduct an annual K-12 curricular survey to assess progress implementing curricular goals and mālama kaiāulu.