Deepen our community connections on Hawai‘i Island and maximize sustainable progress beyond HPA by sharing our work and resources.
- School administration team will make necessary shifts in schedule and communication of priorities to support sustainable implementation of this plan.
- Establish partnerships with local schools; share resources and lessons learned.
- Maintain connected alumni network and engage with alumni in sustainability fields to support program.
- Deepen relationships with leaders and organizations on the Hawai‘i Island working in related sustainability efforts.
LŌKAHI bring harmony
- Establish place-based student and employee orientations.
- Engage with Waimea municipal advocacy to support sustainability projects such as the expansion of bike paths and public transit options.
- Maintain and enhance community outreach and service projects.
- Establish on-campus and off-campus service requirements.
HA‘INA share our story
- Host public sustainability-themed events on campus, open to the community.
- Expand outreach to global audiences using website, social media, and video.
- Implement annual survey of service projects and hours of outreach.