- Require all staff to complete the Green Classroom Professional Certificate program.
- Include sustainability attributes of campus grounds and buildings in staff and student orientation to promote responsibility and engagement with campus.
LŌKAHI bring harmony
- Work with architect to update the HPA campus master plan to reflect our sustainability vision and goals.
- Improve opportunities for students and staff to bike and walk to campus through enhanced trail access and facilities.
- Implement regenerative landscape practices using native plants, gardens, and enhanced outdoor learning spaces.
- Design and build all new buildings to the highest efficiency, sustainability, and wellness standards.
- Maximize carbon offsets on available land, and further offset through local restoration service projects.
- Include the history of HPA and Waimea lands within the curriculum.
- Educate staff and students about the carbon impact of transportation choices and remove barriers to sustainable transportation.
HA‘INA share our story
- Certify existing campus buildings using LEED ARC and new buildings using WELL.
- Share case studies of new building design strategies and lessons learned.
- Highlight sustainability attributes of grounds and buildings in admissions tours and community engagement.